[ofa-general] resolving ipv6 addresses - help needed

Eli Cohen eli at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 5 09:04:13 PST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to resolve IPv6 addresses (that is, obtaining the MAC
address of the interface bearing the IP addresses). I am using
rdma_resolve_ip() defined in core/addr.c but I don't get consistent
results.
I get something like this:

fe80::202:c9ff:fe00:1341 dev eth1  FAILED

where I would expect to get address to be rachable through eth2.

If I run:
ping6 -I eth2 fe80::202:c9ff:fe00:1341

then I'd get the address resolved but after some time, when I attempt
to resolve again, the operation fails.

Is this API tested and reliable? Maybe I'm doing anything wrong...

Thanks,
Eli