[libfabric-users] libfabric developer guide

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Dec 16 21:29:04 PST 2016

As a low priority task for the last several months I have been working to create a developer's guide for using libfabric.  There have been a couple of light discussions on this in the ofiwg.  I would say that the initial *draft* is about 60% complete at this point.  However, there should be enough content available to be useful (it makes a great stocking stuffer!) and to start collecting feedback.

The guide is checked into the ofiwg/ofi-guide git tree.  A github generated version of the document can be viewed here:

https://github.com/ofiwg/ofi-guide/blob/master/OFIGuide.md

The primary focus so far has been on generating content.  There are several incomplete sections, code examples need to be expanded, more diagrams are needed, as are a glossary and table of contents, yadda yadda yadda.  I also anticipate the guide being updated for the 1.5 release (ABI 1.1 updates).

Github issues can be used to track specific issues and enhancement requests, though I don't know how you easily reference a specific line or section...