[libfabric-users] IB: Resource temporarily unavailable

François Tessier ftessier at anl.gov
Mon Feb 15 12:37:55 PST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to use libfabric and particularly through the given examples
in the fabtest repository.

On our local platform, I tried to run fi_msg_pingpong :

    - Server side: ./fi_msg_pingpong -b 12345 -f sockets -I 1000 -s
10.233.100.99
    - Client side: ./fi_msg_pingpong -p 12345 -f sockets 10.233.100.99

It works perfectly. However, when I try to use verbs instead of sockets
(while modifying the address with the one of the IB interface), the
client gives as output "transmit(): common/shared.c:805, ret=-11
(Resource temporarily unavailable)". Is there something wrong with my
use? I compiled libfabric with options to enable both sockets and verbs.
Our platform has a FDR Infiniband interconnect.

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

François

--