[libfabric-users] Binding EP with memory region with flags?

Sur, Sayantan sayantan.sur at intel.com
Thu Jul 14 11:31:21 PDT 2016

Hi Jintack,

Thanks for pointing this out. The GASNet code was tested for libfabric 1.2, where the framework and providers weren’t doing some checks. It seems to me that there is a bug in that region of the code for GASNET_SEGMENT_FAST || GASNET_SEGMENT_LARGE. The newly attached memory does not specify the key – all segments get key 0!

I think we need to revisit that and fix the bug. In the meanwhile, ofi_ep_bind_valid() seems to be correct per the current definition of OFI … there shouldn’t be a need to bind a MR to an EP.

Thanks,
Sayantan.