[libfabric-users] memory registration question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed May 25 06:41:40 PDT 2016

Dear list

I am soon going to start work on porting my verbs parcelport layer for the HPX project to libfabric.
Most of the code seems to map quite well from verbs to libfabric and I don't anticipate too many problems (though I welcome a list of things to watch out for should anyone care to warn me).

Question : in the verbs implementation, I have created a registered memory pool with various chunk sizes and the option to register user memory chunks and cache things.

Does libfabric come with memory registration utilities already provided (such as chunk pools etc), or will I want to continue using my existing pools (subject to underlying changes in the calls to registration functions etc).

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch