[libfabric-users] same process, multiple endpoints

Maurizio Drocco drocco at di.unito.it
Wed May 25 07:54:01 PDT 2016

> When you call fi_getinfo, set the fi_info domain name to the same name as the opened domain.  Then use the opened domain when creating the endpoints.
Thank you Sean,

I actually found a working solution. Not sure is the most canonical way,
but it works:
1) call fi_getinfo (with some hints to select a provider) without any
address/flag
2) open a domain
3) call 2x fi_getinfo (with the same set of hints to get the same
provider as point 1) with specific addresses/flags
4) instantiate two endpoints by the two fi_info structures (point 3) and
the opened domain (point 2)

I guess you are suggesting a simpler way of binding endpoints to the
same provider as the opened domain.

Thank you again.

Maurizio

--