[libfabric-users] Obtaining an External Address

Smith, Jonathan D jonathan.d.smith at intel.com
Mon Oct 10 12:34:17 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I would like to open an unconnected endpoint and determine the address it can be reached at. The caveat is that I need to do this in a way that is agnostic of the provider selected.

My hints structure only specifies ep_attr->type = FI_EP_RDM, domain_attr->av_type = FI_AV_MAP, and caps = FI_MSG | FI_TAGGED. I would like to keep the hints as generic as possible to get access to as many providers as I can.

I was trying to see if I could create an external service at a known address and use it as an address reflection server, but the received fi_msg_tagged structure does not contain the source address to send back. Or, does it? I'm not seeing where that information would be placed.

What's the cleanest way to do this?

Thank you!
Jonathan