[libfabric-users] GNI Provider manual control_progress

Howard Pritchard hppritcha at gmail.com
Wed May 24 08:16:47 PDT 2017

Hello Daniel,

For the GNI provider, memory registration is currently a synchronous call.
There is no need to poll
on an EQ to progress memory registration.  From your reading of the man
pages, do you think
that it would be less confusing if the GNI provider added support for using
EQ events to progress
memory registration even when its not necessary?  It would not be a big
problem to add such
support.

For data transfer operations however, you will indeed need to poll on the
send/recv counters/CQs
that have been bound to the EP initiating these data transfer operations.

Just a heads up that we have at least one PR that needs to get upstream
that may impact your testing:

https://github.com/ofi-cray/libfabric-cray/pull/1347

We should have that pushed upstream this week.

Howard