[nvmewin] SGL bug update

Luse, Paul E paul.e.luse at intel.com
Wed Apr 18 12:42:50 PDT 2012

So Alex-

I'm with you - hard to believe this ever worked!  I talked with Ray about it and both recall we caught this in inspection but somehow never got back to reworking it because at the time I think we ad bigger fish to fry.  Anyway, I have a fix in place and my quick format always works now (before was intermittent) and I confirmed that the case we didn't handle indeed happens quite often.  I think the data integrity tools we smoke test with don't do too many unaligned things.  I'm doing some more exhaustive testing now and will share the updated code once I'm confident that it works.

Thx
Paul

Paul Luse
Sr. Staff Engineer
PCG Server Software Engineering
Desk: 480.554.3688, Mobile: 480.334.4630