[nvmewin] headsup: performance issue with current driver

Luse, Paul E paul.e.luse at intel.com
Mon Jan 23 10:54:57 PST 2012

Just starting to investigate but with > 3 threads our iomter performance gets erratic.  This is using the Chatham HW and I do have another driver (internal to Intel) that rnus the board and doesn't have the same issue.  Note that the other driver also uses DPCs for completion however it does not attempt to implement NUMA via decoding the MSI address, standard storport perf optimizations are used.  I've been told by a few other teams who have worked on optimizing storport miniports for NUMA that they tried various 'brute force' methods and time after time reverted back to recommended methods from MSDN.  I'll start getting to the bottom of this and will likely schedule a call later this week to discuss findings for those interested.

Thx
Paul

Paul Luse
Sr. Staff Engineer
PCG Server Software Engineering
Desk: 480.554.3688, Mobile: 480.334.4630