[nvmewin] Question on PciBar pointer...

Freyensee, James P james.p.freyensee at intel.com
Thu Jul 19 13:04:34 PDT 2012

So I am assuming the silence means the code pointed out in the last email (bottom of email) is in fact, useless dead-code?

I at least believe this is the case because in NVMeFindAdapter() it looks like one can access the BAR memory-mapped space via (example):

    pMM_Range = NULL;
    pMM_Range = &(*(pPCI->AccessRanges))[0];

    if (pMM_Range == NULL) {
        return (SP_RETURN_NOT_FOUND);
    }

    /* Mapping BAR memory to the virtual address of Control registers */
    pAE->pCtrlRegister = (PNVMe_CONTROLLER_REGISTERS)StorPortGetDeviceBase(pAE,
                          pPCI->AdapterInterfaceType,
                          pPCI->SystemIoBusNumber,
                          pMM_Range->RangeStart,
                          pMM_Range->RangeLength,
                          FALSE);

So I am assuming if one were to add code for a BAR2-BAR5, this code shown above is basically how it is going to be initialized.  Also a new member variable in pAE will be needed to point to this new BAR.  Right?