[nvmewin] Question on SntiTranslateWrite6()

Freyensee, James P james.p.freyensee at intel.com
Mon Oct 1 19:04:29 PDT 2012

I have a question in SntiTranslateWrite6().  Should this line:

lba = GET_U32_FROM_CDB(pSrb, WRITE_6_CDB_LBA_OFFSET);

actually be using the following MACRO mask, found in SntiTranslateRead6():

    lba = GET_U24_FROM_CDB(pSrb, READ_6_CDB_LBA_OFFSET);

I'm not totally clear on the different byte shifting and the different offsets being used between the two.  However from the SCSI spec, the LBA bits are in the same spot in CDB[] for Write6 and Read6.  So I would have assumed the byte shifting and offset algorithm and values would be the same.

Thanks,
Jay