[nvmewin] ***UNCHECKED*** [WARNING - ENCRYPTED ATTACHMENT NOT VIRUSSCANNED] OFA NVMe Windows driver contribution - 32-bitsupport Win7/Win8

Alex Chang Alex.Chang at pmcs.com
Wed Aug 7 17:06:21 PDT 2013

Hi Dharani,

Please see my comments in red...

Thanks,

Alex

From: Dharani Kotte [mailto:Dharani.Kotte at sandisk.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:00 PM
To: Alex Chang; nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: RE: [nvmewin] ***UNCHECKED*** [WARNING - ENCRYPTED ATTACHMENT
NOT VIRUSSCANNED] OFA NVMe Windows driver contribution - 32-bitsupport
Win7/Win8

Hi Alex,

The situation was that when "pQI->NumSubIoQAllocFromAdapter" variable is
set to 1 which means that the controller want only 1 IO queue. In this
case it doesn't even enter into "if (pQI->NumSubIoQAllocated <
QueueID){}" statement.

If that's true, then there is no IO queue allocated at all, isn't it?

But we need to use StartLocks when ever 2 or more cores shares the same
queue. The "fall back to use only one queue" case is covered only in the
situation where the NVMeAllocQueues() fails for the Queue, This
condition I didn't hit but you are right we may have to add this flag in
that condition as well.

drive formatting - If it is windows NTFS format I tested for Win8/Win7
32-bit.

IOMeter - I tested for Win8/Win7 32-bit

SDStress - I have not tested is it part of WHQL. Please test it if you
have chance.

SCSI compliance - I have not tested since I didn't touch any part of the
code that is related to SCSI Compliance but I can test it

Thanks,
Dharani.