[nvmewin] Candidate features to be included for the 2013 driver release

Kong, Kwok Kwok.Kong at idt.com
Wed Feb 6 16:38:34 PST 2013

All,

This is a list of possible features that we would like to include in the 2013 releases.
Please review them before next Wed's meeting and be prepared to sign up for the features.

Please email out your features proposal if they are missing from this list proposal.

I would like everyone to remember a couple of rules when we make any decision on whether a feature should be included or not:

A feature is not included in any release if it is not supported by Windows or it cannot be tested with any hardware or QEMU.

Support additional Windows versions: (We support Windows 7 64-bit currently)
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows server 2008 64-bit
- Windows server 2012 64-bit

Support Windows 8 features:
- Extended SRB format
- TRIM command
- SMART handling via new Extended SRB format

NVMe 1.00e support:
- ECN 19, ECN 24-33

NVMe 1.1 support:
- multi-path
- SGL
- Get/Set feature update
	- Autonomous power state transition
	- Host Identifier
	- Reservation Notification Mask
	- Reservation Persistence
- Get log page - Active Firmware info update
- identify structure update
- write zeros command

Other feature:
- Hibernation as a boot drive