[nvmewin] NVMe in-box driver in Win8.1/Server 2012 R2 - some challenges

Robles, Raymond C raymond.c.robles at intel.com
Thu Nov 7 13:29:10 PST 2013

Hi Robert,

Microsoft has been very adamant about not supporting pass through IOCTLs (via IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT) and the potential security threat this mechanism poses. There is a potential for them to listen to suggestions for workarounds, or alternatives, to pass through IOCTLs. However, they have been very clear about not supporting pass through IOCTLs.

Thanks,
Ray