[nvmewin] Static Driver Verification

Thomas.Freeman at hgst.com Thomas.Freeman at hgst.com
Mon Feb 3 16:12:26 PST 2014

Kenny.... Not sure if you've tried to run this yet.... I ran into a problem
running the SDV in a Windows 8/x64 config.
I get a message saying that there aren't enough parms being passed into
StorPortReadRegisterUlong64.
To work around this, I went into sdv_storport.h
(WindowsKits/8.1/Tools/sdv/osmodel/storport). I made the
StorPortReadRegisterUlong64 prototype there match the prototype in
storport.h.
I've reported this to Microsoft and they are working on a permanent fix.

Tom Freeman
SSD Device Drivers/Firmware
HGST, a Western Digital company
Thomas.Freeman at HGST.com
507-322-2311/232311

             "Speer, Kenny"
             <Kenny.Speer at neta
             pp.com>                                                    To
                                       "Thomas.Freeman at hgst.com"
             02/01/2014 05:37          <Thomas.Freeman at hgst.com>,
             PM                        "nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org"
                                       <nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [nvmewin] Static Driver
                                       Verification

Yes and IMHO, those need to be fixed and the tools should run error/warning
free.  The majority of the warnings are due to annotations which exist in
the definitions of the functions but not in their declarations.

It's good practice, again, IMO, to annotate and to do it in both. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383701
(v=vs.85).aspx for more info on SAL annotations.

Haven't run SDV yet, I'll do that now, not sure how long it takes on this
solution but on my other projects it takes 8 hours on a 4 core i7 with 32G
mem.

~kenny