[nvmewin] Intel Inbox Driver-StorNVMe.inf - ID Command failed

Vinay V.L vinayvl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 23:18:46 PST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to send NVMe Admin Command(ID Command-Controller) though
IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT packet. Followed the OFA Driver Document to build the
packet. It failed with error code 1117(I/O Device error). I am curious to
find out why this is failing.

   1. Does the driver support IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT packets or only
   IOCTL_SCSI_Pass_through?
   2. I have tried with signature codes: "WINOWS NT", "stornvme" &
   "StorNVMe"; all led to the same error. Is the driver throwing errors based
   on this?

Test Configuration:
OS:             Windows 8.1, 64-bit
Driver         : Inbox Driver, StorNVMe, Version : 6.3.9431.0
Single NVMe Disk connected to PCIe slot.

Thanks,
Vinay