[nvmewin] Amy way to avoid loading inbox NVMe driver in WINPE

Robles, Raymond C raymond.c.robles at intel.com
Thu Aug 6 12:42:31 PDT 2015

Hi Abhijit,

I believe this MS technet article addresses your concern: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824989.aspx

Thanks,
Ray

From: Abhijit Khande [mailto:abhijit.khande at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 9:48 AM
To: Robles, Raymond C
Cc: nvmewin
Subject: Re: [nvmewin] Amy way to avoid loading inbox NVMe driver in WINPE

Hi Ray,

Yes its correct, but Microsoft (MS) NVMe driver is part of WinPE image (Inbox Driver) and it gets loaded automatically (class/sub class matches with MS NVMe inf).
When we reach to driver load screen NVMe stack will be build up, as MS NVMe driver is already loaded.

After this we can load our driver, but I want to check can we avoid the loading of the MS driver in first place?

Thanks,
Abhijit.