[nvmewin] Is NVMe Generic Devices supported?

Angelo Brito asb at cin.ufpe.br
Fri Dec 18 11:10:27 PST 2015

Hello All,

I have a generic NVMe device that works perfectly on Linux but does
not work on Windows. The device is recognized as a Default NVMe
Controller with Microsoft as vendor but issue an error code 10: This
device cannot start. I am aware that this is a generic error code and
could mean any thing.

I have started to debug from the device perspective and the Host CPU
just writes the MSI configuration registers during startup. I use
Altera´s PCIe Hard IP to implement the PCIe and my controller is
hosted on FPGA. The device was never started.

Someone can share any more leads to debug? Why windows doesn´t start my device?

Regards,
Angelo Silva Brito.
B.S. in Computer Engineering - UFPE Brazil
http://about.me/angelobrito