[nvmewin] Is NVMe Generic Devices supported?

Angelo Brito asb at cin.ufpe.br
Fri Dec 18 12:36:50 PST 2015

Hi Iuliu,

I haven't seen any commands. No write were sent to my controller other
than the MSIX configuration. Not even the Admin Queue's registers. I
suspect that for some reason windows NVMe Driver is dropping off my
controller after the PCIe configuration and windows events wasn't of
much help.
The events reported:
- System
- Provider
[ Name] stornvme
- EventID 11
[ Qualifiers] 49156
Level 2
Task 0
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2015-12-18T18:28:31.145251600Z
EventRecordID 2443
Channel System
Computer schenberg-PC
Security
- EventData
\Device\RaidPort3
0F00240001000000000000000B0004C002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000200004000B0004C0020000000000000000000000000000000000000004000000
________________________________

Dados binários:

Em Palavras

0000: 0024000F 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000002 00000000 00000000 00000000
0010: 00000000 00000000 00000001 00040020
0018: C004000B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000 00000004

Em Bytes

0000: 0F 00 24 00 01 00 00 00 ..$.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......À
0010: 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 01 00 00 00 20 00 04 00 .... ...
0030: 0B 00 04 C0 02 00 00 00 ...À....
0038: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0040: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0048: 04 00 00 00 ....

This pages suggest it is a hardware problem tough it works fine on Linux:

Regards,
Angelo Silva Brito.
B.S. in Computer Engineering - UFPE Brazil
http://about.me/angelobrito