[nvmewin] NVMe Queue entry number

Wenqian Wu wuwq85 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:58:27 PST 2015

Hi OFA driver member,

I have one question regarding the Queue entry size. The driver will
allocate number of entries aligned to memory page (line877, nvmeInit.c),
instead of the actual queue size controller supports (CAP.MQES). Controller
can return error if host request more entries while ignoring controller's
capability. I think as long as the base address is page aligned, there is
no reason to make the entries number aligned to page boundary. Can this be
considered a driver bug or is there any particular consideration?

Thanks,
Wenqian