[nvmewin] planning/identifying NVMe v1.1/v1.2 additions to the OFA Windows driver in 2016

Judy Brock-SSI judy.brock at ssi.samsung.com
Thu Jan 29 20:11:16 PST 2015

Hello,

Per the discussion at our 1/23 planning meeting, one of the goals we agreed on is to bring the driver up to an NVMe  v1.2 compliance level in 2016.

As such, to identify the specific work items involved, we need a list of all the mandatory bits/bytes/fields/features/options that have been added since v1.0e (our current stated level of compliance) all the way through v1.2.  Everyone is encouraged to help in this effort - also, if any company has an already-prepared document to use as a base/starting point, it would be great to have.

A secondary goal we agreed to was to try to identify a list of optional 1.1/1.2 features we feel it would be very desirable to include. Again, input from everyone is encouraged on this topic to get that discussion started.

Thanks,
Judy