[nvmewin] regarding incorrect core-queue-msix mapping in 1.4 OFA code

Foster, Carolyn D carolyn.d.foster at intel.com
Mon Jun 15 17:20:58 PDT 2015

Hi Suman,
There are two important boundary conditions to consider with analyzing the queue to core and MSI-X mapping. These boundary conditions include systems with more than 32 cores and also more than 64 cores.  On a system with more than 32 cores, in your example below, it's possible some cores won't get mapped to the appropriate MSI-X vectors.  The other boundary condition is when the system has more than 64 cores.  In this case, the core numbering may not be consecutive.  In both cases, without re-creating the queues, there are likely to be problems.
All that being said, I do see areas for improvements in terms of memory allocation per NUMA node and the core to queue pair assignment.  Is it possible for you to do more investigation and to come back with a proposal for a fix and potentially a patch?
Thanks,
Carolyn