[nvmewin] WHQL limitation of class code

Foster, Carolyn D carolyn.d.foster at intel.com
Mon Feb 22 14:36:43 PST 2016

Hi Suresh,
It seems likely that Microsoft doesn't allow 3rd party vendors to sign drivers that target a class code instead of a vendor and device ID.  But unfortunately I can't find any documentation that provides confirmation.   Originally the goal for the certification task was to verify that the certification tests ran successfully on the OFA NVMe driver and not to actually certify the driver.  Likely, the INF file was either modified to include a specific device and vendor ID to run certification or the standalone executables were extracted and run individually.

Carolyn