[nvmewin] Windows Driver Community Release worked just once

Robles, Raymond C raymond.c.robles at intel.com
Wed Jul 6 12:07:20 PDT 2016

Hi Nisha,

Once subscribed you can resend your email to the email distribution list. In the meantime, please setup a WinDbg debug session for the OFA Windows driver and walk the source code for the create I/O completion queue command. Why did it fail (i.e. SCT and SC values)?

If your PCIe device is in a bad state, then FindAdapter will not be called. The OFA driver has gone through rigorous testing and works with all known release NVMe devices. Of course, there are always new use cases that could potentially expose bugs. But I would first ensure that your particular failure is not specific to you H/W. Which NVMe device are you using?

Thank you...
Ray