[nvmewin] OpenFabrics Chairman of the Board transition

Bill Lee Bill at Mellanox.com
Mon Jul 11 09:36:09 PDT 2016

OFA Members:
The Board of Directors would like to announce that our chair-Jim Ryan-stepped down at the end of June as a result of his retirement from Intel. Jim has held a leadership position since the early days of OpenIB which became the OpenFabrics Alliance. Throughout his tenure, the OFA has grown from an association focused on InfiniBand enablement to a vibrant group of active users and developers committed to enhancing RDMA functionality across all fabrics. His leadership has been a positive force at both the executive and working group level.

The Board took the action to elect Los Alamos National Lab's Susan Coulter into the role of OFA Chair. Many of you know Susan as an active advocate for system administrators and the National Labs, as well as a frequent presenter at the OFA's annual workshop.  Paul Grun will continue his role as Vice-chair of the Alliance. With both Susan's and Paul's insight and expertise, we are confident that the OFA will continue to be the forum for the development of open source RDMA fabric software.
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bill

Bill Lee
Treasurer