[nvmewin] OFA Reference Driver 2016 Release -- WHCK Certification Logo Results

Robles, Raymond C raymond.c.robles at intel.com
Thu Nov 17 12:54:42 PST 2016

Hello OFA Community,

I have the results of the WHCK certification logo test suite run on the latest OFA driver source trunk here at Intel.

The results are as follows...

Configuration:

*         NVMe Device: Intel(R) P3700 Solid-State Drive

*         OS: Windows Server 2016

Observed Failures:

  *   NVMe SCSI Compliance Test (LOGO) fails ASSERTION: INQUIRY Attempting Unit Serial Number Page 0x80; the unit serial number page length needs to be set to either 20 for EUI64 or 36 for NGUID, and actual is 30.
  *   NVMe Interrupt Modes Test (LOGO) crashed with a strange 0x34 CACHE_MANAGER BSOD the first run. Unable to replicate with two subsequent runs that passed.

Not Run:

  *   Static Tools Logo Test cannot be executed without DVL output, so not run. DVL logs not created due to no submission to MSFT.

Results:

*         All other tests look good and passed successfully :).

At this point, I feel comfortable proceeding with the release the OFA driver (from the current trunk). My plan will be to release the driver package the week after Thanksgiving holiday (US)... by Friday December 2. If anyone has any objections to releasing the current driver, please respond and we can discuss further.

NOTE: Apologies for the delay in getting these results, but other higher priority internal milestones had taken precedence here internally at Intel. While I'm happy to help out where I can, without stronger participation from the community, Intel is limited in amount of assistance (amount of work and timeline) it can provide. The OFA driver is only as strong as its contributors. Moving forward, I hope to see stronger participation to maintain a relevant and valuable open source Windows driver.

Thanks...
Ray

Raymond C. Robles
NSG ISE Host Storage Software