[nvmewin] OFA reference driver release assistance

Tom Freeman thomas.freeman at hgst.com
Wed Sep 21 13:48:18 PDT 2016

In my previous test, I incorrectly used the HLK version of scsicompliance.exe.
I reran the test with the HCK version of scsicompliance.exe (version 2.0.20100428)

I'm attaching the files with the complete results - password "nvmeOFA15"

For 2012 and 2012R2, the command was:
scsicompliance  /device \\.\physicaldrive1 /verbosity 4 /scenario nvme /operation test /version 2

For 2008R2 the command was:
scsicompliance  /device \\.\PhysicalDrive2 /verbosity 4 /scenario common /operation test /version 2

2008R2 passed
2012 and 2012r2 had a similar failure as reported with the HLK version of the test.
Here are the details of that failure:

Policy: REQUIRED
Start: ASSERTION: INQUIRY Attempting Unit Serial Number Page 0x80., TUID=
Reference: SCSI Primary Commands - 4 (SPC-4) Revision 30 (or published) specification Section 7.8.15 http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/drafts/spc4/spc4r30.pdf
Expectation: Device returns meaningful data as defined in SCSI-NVME translation document
Sending SCSI command to device.

INQUIRY Command:
12 01 80 00 ff 00
DeviceIoControl SUCCEEDED.

SCSI status: 0x00
    (GOOD)
Sense bytes: 0x00
Data bytes:  0x2c
      00       04        08       0C
000  00800028 30303030  5F303030 305F3030    ...(0000_0000_00
010  30305F30 3030305F  30303043 5F434130    00_0000_000C_CA0
020  305F3630 31465F42  4230302E 00000000    0_601F_BB00.....
== DONE ==============================================================
INQUIRY: Unit serial number page is supported.
"Peripheral Qualifier" = 0x0
"Peripheral Device Type" = 0x0
"Page Code" = 0x80
"Page Length" = 0x28
"Unit serial number page length shall be set to 20"
Error: 0x0, Error 0x00000000
       Logging an error
       File=testsrc\driverstest\storage\wdk\scsicompliance\lib\core\policyscenario.cpp Line=213
End: Fail, ASSERTION: INQUIRY Attempting Unit Serial Number Page 0x80., TUID=, Repro=scsicompliance  /device \\.\physicaldrive1 /verbosity 4 /scenario nvme /operation test /version 2

Tom Freeman
Software Engineer, Device Manager and Driver Development
Western Digital Corporation
e.  Thomas.freeman at hgst.com
o.  +1-507-322-2311