[Ofa_boardplus] [EXTERNAL] OFA Board Mtg 12/1

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Thu Nov 10 09:54:35 PST 2016

Yes — and unfortunately I was called into a meeting that will cause me to be late.
I just started the meeting tho … so it will look like I am on the call.

> 2nd Thursday XWG Meeting
> Agenda:
>
> 1.  Re-review the Advisory Board versus At-large director seat decision.
>
> 2.  Finalize the motion for the choice made above, if possible
>
> 3.  Identify, if possible, the next bylaws item to be discussed
>

> On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Beggio, Christopher Allen <cabeggi at sandia.gov> wrote:
>

>>> 1.  The number of directors is equal to the number of Promoter companies plus 2
>>> 2.  Each company appoints one person as a director
>>> 3.  The 2 additional at-large Director positions will be elected
>>> 4.  These 2 additional Directors cannot be employed by / affiliated with an organization already represented
>>> 5.  At-large nominees will be vetted by the current Board against the requirements
>>> 6.  At-large Directors have a one year term limit - expiring/renewing around annual conference
>>> 7.  These 2 at-large Directors DO have a vote
>>> 8.  These 2 at-large Directors will become members without fees and therefore will be held to bylaws
>>> 9.   Voting options
>>>
>>>   We prefer an inclusive vote, i.e. the larger RDMA community, not just OFA members/directors - but we have not fully defined that.
>>>    Nor have we defined the method by which the vote will occur.

Susan Coulter / HPC-DES
Network Capability Lead
(505) 667-8425
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter