[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Board Agenda 8/31

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Wed Aug 30 18:39:39 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 10:23:17PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:

> Attached is the Board agenda and >draft< contracts for Executive
> Director and Maintainer positions.  ( to Scott???s point about
> getting a handle on actual costs )

Not familiar with the US - but here in Canada I would expect the
contractors to have their own corporations and the OFA would be
contracting with another company, not with an individual.

This gives various legal protections to both sides and provides
some tax advantages to the contractor.

I've assumed this is the sort of relationship the OFA already has with
it's marketing and IT contractors?

Regards,
Jason