[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Board Meeting Minutes 2/16/2017

Pappas, Jim jim.pappas at intel.com
Fri Feb 17 22:27:13 PST 2017

The way the contract is defined, the funding is not even restricted to using it for an ED.

It was my understanding that OFA was not funded sufficiently to hire an ED.   I believe that is still the case but for the extra funding.

I personally believe the most important issue is working the OFA budget to either generate additional revenue, or reduce spending, or both, to pay for an ED and have it in place by Q1'18 when the extra funding evaporates.

Without an effective ED function in place, I predict the organization's discipline and process will crumble, and the volunteers will become frustrated and disengage.   I've seen it happen too often during my tenure of overseeing about 50 organizations.

/Jim
Sent from my iPhone
Pls excuse typos & brevity