[Ofa_boardplus] XWG agenda 3/2

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Wed Mar 1 14:58:18 PST 2017

I'd like to amplify just a bit on item 4.1.	Address concern that we are proposing to act on parts of the new bylaws not yet fully activated/accepted

In discussing the notion of At Large Directors, many of us assumed that this program would launch at the workshop this year.  But Gilad raises the very valid point that we agreed not to implement elements of the emerging Bylaws update until the document is written, reviewed and adopted.  (There is a good reason for that limitation.)  The objective of tomorrow's discussion is to decide if we want to veer away from that policy for good reason, or if we want to defer implementation of the At Large Directors program until next year.

-Paul