[Ofa_boardplus] OFED license statement

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Mon Mar 6 12:41:25 PST 2017

Whoa Nelly!  Before we get too far down the pipe here, and before we start seconding and voting, could someone please elaborate the rules under which we propose to hold this email vote?

I'm not against the idea of an email vote at all, but we have pretty rigorous procedures for voting during con calls...what are the equivalent procedures here?

- Is there an opportunity for discussion following the second?
- at what point is the vote opened, and when does it close?
- who is entitled to vote, and what are the quorum requirements?
- is this going to become standard operating procedure, or is this a one time thing because we're under the gun with the OFED release?

Again, I'm not adverse to an email vote, but it would behoove us to be sure we don't establish precedent that we really wish we hadn't.  Trust me on this...

-Paul