[Ofa_boardplus] OFED license statement

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 6 12:57:24 PST 2017

> On Mar 6, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Paul Grun <grun at cray.com> wrote:
>
> Whoa Nelly!  Before we get too far down the pipe here, and before we start seconding and voting, could someone please elaborate the rules under which we propose to hold this email vote?

This is a one time thing that has been on our plates forever.
Therefore this is a one time email voting request/procedure.

The vote will stay open until Noon Mountain Time on Tuesday March 7, 2017.
The identified person for each organization, as listed on the agenda and minutes roll call, is who shall vote for their organization.

The roll call list was included in a recent email, and can be used to log your vote next to your name/org.
Or you may vote by sending in a one line response, i.e.  “LANL votes Yes”.
At Noon tomorrow a summary of the votes received will be sent to this list for verification.

BTW - I did not ask for discussion and/or if we were ready to vote.
If someone feels the need for further discussion before voting, please state the desire to “Table the Motion”.
If the motion is tabled, we will suspend the vote and move this discussion to the XWG meeting on 3/9.

Pardon my use of executive power here, but I am trying to resolve this in a timely manner.
If anyone is uncomfortable with this process, please feel free to "Table the Motion”.

Susan Coulter / HPC-DES
Network Capability Lead
(505) 667-8425
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter