[Ofa_boardplus] OFED license statement

David Brean david.brean at oracle.com
Mon Mar 6 13:27:15 PST 2017

Hello,

I interpret section 2 and 13 as describing the choice of license for a consumer of the source code in the OFA stack and they are referred to as the licensee in the text.  As you say, section 16 mentions the dual license requirement for source code contributed to the OFA stack.  The relationship is something like the following:

        member/contributer  ———>  OFA source code     —————>   licensee

I vote is being proposed cause the OFA is changing section 16 in the bylaws.  Seems like a process requirement and also a component of the XWG activity to update the bylaws, not a play at changing reality of the situation.

-David