[Ofa_boardplus] logo program discussion

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 1 10:56:34 PDT 2017

My only concern with discussing this on email is someone at some point needs to try and summarize what was said, agreed to, decided.
(if anything)
I think the discussion is valuable, so even if nothing is “decided” the discussion has been valuable.

So far it seems that there is a difference of opinion on the value of the logo program, and the value of it to the larger membership.
The fine points of who pays and how they pay are difficult ones because “we have always done it this way”.
The OFA has existed for many years and pretty much chugged along and nothing much changed, so perhaps it feels like “we will always do it this way”.  If the OFA moves into a new model, the membership may change and be more dynamic going forward.  So those fine points may come back to bite us.

You are correct that the OFA has a lot on its plate.  That is a massive understatement actually.
That said, I do think we will need to discuss this at an XWG meeting in the near future - regardless of any ongoing email thread.

Rock on ;)