[Ofa_boardplus] OFA XWG Agenda 9/14

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Sep 14 11:14:14 PDT 2017

One thing that I was unable to squeeze into the discussion today but something that I think we should consider is in addition funding
a maintainer and executive director position, hire someone (perhaps in UNH-IOL) to specifically do testing of the upstream code while it is under
development. I see a gap here and have seen instances where there are bugs introduced
in the kernel that are not found/fixed till that code gets tested later in an OFED release or when the Linux distro does their testing.  If those bugs could get caught
earlier in the process, it would benefit everyone that is downstream.

Anyway, just another thing to consider.