[Ofa_boardplus] OFA XWG Agenda 9/14

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Sep 14 14:25:15 PDT 2017

I think it's worth mentioning that there is development work __of bounded scope__ that could be done immediately that would benefit OFA members.  Even if a hired developer only completed those projects before funding expires, it's as beneficial as using reserved funding to create training material or buying new systems, for example.

If there's concern about using reserves for funding un-scoped development, then a reasonable alternative is to contract for specific development work.  As just an example, target the re-writing of the Linux kernel ABI.

As long-term funding becomes clearer, development work can move away from project specific contracts.

- Sean