[Ofa_boardplus] OFA maintainer role

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 25 08:29:34 PDT 2017

For anyone needing/wanting more proof that an OFA paid maintainer is necessary, Leon’s comments below speak to that.
This is part of a thread from the linux-rdma mailing list.

> On Sep 24, 2017, at 10:23 PM, Leon Romanovsky <leon at kernel.org> wrote:
>
> After LPC, I left with an impression that we have three main issues:
> 1. Overloaded maintainer who can't go without worries to PTO, especially
> in this subsystem which is backed by distributed companies which work
> around the globe and have a little in common with US holidays and vacations.
> Next major holiday will be Christmas and at least two companies here
> (and from previous years, Linus too) will continue to work.
> 2. Unclear guidelines to the QA.
> 3. Contributors to this subsystem are paid developers and not hobbyists.
> It creates certain expectations from all participants.
>
> So I believe that once we will solve the first issue, the rest will be easy.

Susan Coulter
LANL / USRC / HPC-DES
Network Lead
(505) 412-6525
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter