[Ofa_boardplus] suggested format for our budget discussion at Thursday's XWG meeting

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:28:32 PDT 2017

There's been a huge amount of good natured, well intentioned discussion
about reserves and so on. I'm respectfully offering a format I hope we can
quickly agree is helpful in focusing on right the decisions and ignoring
the noise and confusion around basic confusion on essential terminology

What you'll see in the attached is a reformatting of the 2018 budgeting
worksheet you've seen before in ways I hope are helpful in getting to our
critical decision.

You'll also see, importantly, a change in the expected cost of the ED. This
reflects both an increase in hours required because of expanded
responsibilities, as well as a reduced hourly rate which I assume reflects
Susan's attempts to protects the OFA's interests

I'm happy to discuss this at the XWG meeting or trade email in advance. We
need to reach some critical decisions ASAP and this is a sincere effort to
facilitate that result

Jim, acting Treauser