[Ofa_boardplus] FW: OpenFabrics Alliance Newsletter - June 2018 Edition

Kolar, Divya divya.kolar at intel.com
Thu Jun 14 09:59:48 PDT 2018

FYI...Our quarterly newsletter....

From: press at openfabrics.org [mailto:press at openfabrics.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:35 AM
To: Kolar, Divya <divya.kolar at intel.com>
Subject: OpenFabrics Alliance Newsletter - June 2018 Edition

If you don't see this e-mail properly, view it online<https://www.openfabrics.org/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=archive&task=view&mailid=75&key=N4lrpG4N&subid=4958-fpVUWf0O6WWqdM&tmpl=component&acm=4958_75>

[news]

OpenFabrics Alliance
Newsletter
June 2018 Edition

Contents:

  *   A Word from the Board
  *   A Word from Interoperability Working Group
  *   RECAP: Collaboration at the Core of OFA Workshop 2018
  *   SAVE THE DATE: OFA Workshop 2019 - March 19-21 in Austin, TX
  *   OFA Joins Open Source Summit North America and Europe as a Community Partner
  *   OFA, SNIA Partnership to Advance Remote Persistent Memory Gains Momentum

[---]

A Word from the Board
The Board is continuing its work to update the mission and bylaws by which the OpenFabrics Alliance (OFA) is run. This effort is informed and supported by emerging partnerships with various organizations within the open source, high performance, computing ecosystem. Along with these changes we hope to increase our membership, thereby increasing the impact and contributions the OFA can bring to the table.

As the end of my 2-year term as Board Chair approaches, I am hopeful that these new collaborations and our current programs will serve to move the OFA forward, allowing it to thrive along with the wider community.

Susan Coulter - OFA Board Chair

A Word from Interoperability Working Group:
Our Spring - 2018 Debug Event and 1st test event with OS Pre-release Distro Testing (SLES 15RC1) concluded. We are reviewing IWG member surveys to analyze current Interop feedback and future directions. If you are IWG member and would like influence future direction then please join our IWG meetings. OFIWG meeting information can be found here<https://openfabrics.org/index.php/ofa-calendar.html?acm=4958_75>.

For our next IWG Test Event members requested early Debug event for high value driver debug, So we are planning for minimum of OFED-4.17RC candidate testing in Aug/Sept 2018 instead of Logo event.  We will be discussing goals and content list in June OFA-IWG Bi-weekly meetings.

RECAP: Collaboration at the Core of OFA Workshop 2018
The 14th Annual OpenFabrics Alliance (OFA) Workshop<https://openfabrics.org/index.php/about-the-2018-ofa-workshop.html?acm=4958_75>, held in scenic Boulder, Colorado, recently concluded its week-long, community-wide collaboration and dialogue on OpenFabrics. As the premier means of fostering lively discussions among those who develop fabrics, deploy fabrics, and create applications that rely on fabrics, the Workshop is the ideal venue for the OpenFabrics community and networking industry at large to identify and address the wide variety of emerging industry requirements and challenges that remain.

For a full recap of the event and Workshop content, read our latest blog: https://bit.ly/2JWRFIP

SAVE THE DATE: OFA Workshop 2019 - March 19-21 in Austin, Texas
Please mark your calendars for the OpenFabrics Alliance (OFA) Workshop 2019, which is returning to Austin, Texas - March 19-21, 2019 at the University of Texas at Austin. The Annual OFA Workshop is a key industry event encouraging a dialogue that is geared toward strengthening high-performance networks end-to-end and represents a joint effort among the OpenFabrics community members.

Stay tuned for event updates, including the official Call for Sessions, sponsorship opportunities, early bird registration, and other important deadlines.

To suggest a topic for inclusion in the Call for Sessions, contact press at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Workshop%202019>.

We look forward to seeing you back in Austin!

OFA Joins Open Source Summit North America and Europe as a Community Partner
The OFA is excited to announce it has become a Community Partner for the Linux Foundation's upcoming Open Source Summit North America and Europe events. As part of this new industry collaboration, the OFA would like to highlight a few opportunities at both summits for its members to take advantage of for the purposes of engaging and educating the wider Open Source community about OpenFabrics:

  *   Open Source Summit North America<https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-north-america-2018/> - August 29-31, 2018 in Vancouver, CAN

     *   The OFA has a limited number of complimentary passes for this event and would like to offer them to members that are interested in promoting the OFA onsite. If your company is attending the summit and/or delivering a talk related to OpenFabrics, please contact press at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Newsletter> to inquire about the passes.

     *   The Linux Foundation is offering OFA members a 20% discount off any attendee pass. If interested, please contact press at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Newsletter> for the special discount code.

  *   Open Source Summit Europe<https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-europe-2018/> - October 22-24, 2018 in Edinburgh, UK

     *   The Linux Foundation has opened the Open Source Summit Europe 2018 call for proposals and invites OFA members to share their expertise in this exploding open source market. Proposals are due July 1, 2018 - Submit Now<https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-europe-2018/program/cfp/?utm_source=twitter-ofa&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=osseu18>.

     *   The Linux Foundation is seeking a wide range of talks, from topics such as Cloud Native Apps/Serverless/Microservices, Infrastructure & Automation (Cloud/Cloud Native/DevOps), Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics, Linux Systems, and many more.

     *   The OFA is providing a free pass to the show for anyone willing to represent OFA at the conference. Please reach out to press at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Open%20Source%20Summit%20Europe> if you have any interest or questions.

     *   The Linux Foundation is offering OFA members a 20% discount off any attendee pass. If interested, please contact presss at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Pass%20Discount> for the special discount code.

OFA, SNIA Partnership to Advance Remote Persistent Memory Gains Momentum
As announced <https://www.snia.org/news_events/newsroom/media-alert-and-openfabrics-alliance-announce-collaboration> earlier this year, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)<https://www.snia.org/> and the OFA have formed an alliance to collaborate on activities that advance remote access to persistent memory and the adoption of remote persistent memory as a mainstream technology. Remote access is important because modern applications span multiple systems, and this collaboration will bring the benefit of persistent memory to these applications.

The partnership was initiated and further defined at OFA Workshop 2018 through the activities of the Remote Persistent Memory Think Tank - the takeaways from the Think Tank can be viewed here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmvVIdBgZQY&feature=youtu.be>. Don't miss your opportunity to contribute to the ongoing conversation on remote persistent memory by joining the mailing list<http://lists.openfabrics.org/mailman/listinfo/ofa_remotepm>.

For questions or comments, please contact press at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Newsletter>.

www.openfabrics.org<https://www.openfabrics.org?acm=4958_75> | press at openfabrics.org<mailto:press at openfabrics.org?subject=Newsletter>

[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/OpenFabrics-Alliance/106064329425553>[twitter]<https://twitter.com/openfabrics?lang=en>[rss]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/openfabrics-alliance/>