[OFIWG-MPI] Per the very end of the call today

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Jul 29 10:18:01 PDT 2014

At the end of the call today, I mentioned that the dlsym-like mechanism for getting vendor extensions could be a little tricky, depending on whether the provider was linked inside libfabric.<ext> or whether it was dlopened by libfabric.<ext>.

Sean asked to see an example so that we could talk though it.

After a little more thought, I realized that my assertion about it "being a little tricky" is wrong.  The dlsym-like mechanism should work exactly the same, regardless of whether the provider is linked inside libfabric.<ext> or is dynamically opened.

So... no example needed.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com