[Openframeworkwg] Some concerns about the new Fabric/IBverbs API

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Tue Dec 10 13:24:44 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 07:53:05PM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:

> However, if we support optimized calls, such as
> rc_qp->post_rdma_write_with_immediate(), it would seem that the
> benefits of inlining would be minimal.  Ideally, there shouldn't be
> much that the compiler could do.

Even branch free inlining should save load/store traffic in terms of
stack frame setup and lost optimization opportunities due to alias
analysis (restrict helps with this a bit, but...).

I'd say this is especially true on the send path - I have several
code cases where the send path is doing a batch of work in a
loop.

The rx path, maybe not so much since you generally would rx one thing
and then process..

Jason