[Openframeworkwg] OFA OFWG meeting minutes and responses to AR re organizational recommendations

Ryan, Jim jim.ryan at intel.com
Wed Sep 11 11:07:35 PDT 2013

Let me offer a little more on this, because I think Woody is raising a point I wasn't being sufficiently sensitive to. The point I was trying to make was my efforts to get processes and procedures agreed as quickly as possible were the right things to be doing.

Woody's point is that the practices and procedures should be proposed by the co-chairs, and I think that makes sense from a "form" standpoint. I'm just trying, again, to have something ready for that step as quickly as possible.

What's implied by this, I believe, is there's no necessary relationship betw the Board selection of the co-chairs and the work I'm driving on the practices and procedures.

Specifically, if we're comfortable having members volunteer for co-chair positions in time for the 9/20 Board meeting, as discussed, I think that would be good. I have no expectations for when the Board might vote to approve the proposed P&P.

The net is I'm just trying to get the work of the WG going as fast as practically possible

Thanks for your clarifying insights, Woody

Regards, Jim