[Openframeworkwg] Google-ability of "OpenFrameworks"

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jan 28 11:16:27 PST 2014

> FWIW, I was describing this OpenFrameworks effort to someone the other day,
> and they immediately turned around and Googled "OpenFrameworks".  Try it
> yourself:
>
>     https://www.google.com/search?q=openframeworks
>
> It turns out that there's a lot of other projects that are called
> "OpenFrameworks", many of which are programming-related efforts.  This
> effort might want to consider renaming itself to distinguish itself from
> the others.

Here's a list of possible names to kick off a brainstorming session, mostly derived using words that we've discussed around this concept: fabric, interfaces, scalable, framework, etc.  I haven't tried googling these myself yet.

Fabric Interfaces (what the libfabric 'fi' prefix stands for)
Fabric Interfaces Framework
Scalable Interfaces
Open Fabric Interfaces
Open Fabric Framework