[ofiwg] OFIWG usage requirements - Oracle RDBMS

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jun 18 11:54:41 PDT 2014

Avneesh, thanks for going over this.  After your presentation and looking back over the slides, I did come up with a few questions.

slide 6
You mentioned using a memory mapped interface with ibacm.  Although there is work progressing to support this, I thought that the shared memory interface requires allocating an fd per process.  Is the problem allocating an fd per process, or is the problem on the ibacm daemon side trying to support 30k connections (e.g. an fd set size limitation)?

slide 11
This mentions a shared PD concept and wanting this in mainline code.  Is this some vendor specific feature available through some other interface?

slide 13
Do you have a specific idea for how to expose NUMA through an API?