[ofiwg] mapping adapter memory

Tsai-yang Jea tjea at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 26 05:30:24 PDT 2014

I can see both of these options would be set all the time.  Users are
greedy. They probably want both good latency and good bandwidth.

Unless, there is a clear documentation that describes the limitations and
drawbacks by enabling these options (however, the limitation and drawbacks
is provide specific). Then, users may choose carefully.

In general, I think users will set both options since they are ignored if
hardware does not support them. Who doesn't want an EP that has both good
bandwidth and latency? If both of the options are always set, or set most
of the time, it is the same as not having the options.

Regards,

Alan