[ofiwg] OFI 1.0.0-rc3 is available

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Apr 1 04:41:07 PDT 2015

(replying to the whole list this time; I accidentally just replied only to Sean earlier)

Two notes:

1. The tarballs provided by git are not exactly the same thing as what you get via "make dist".  For example, the "make dist" tarballs are properly bootstrapped (i.e., you don't need to run autogen.sh).

2. It looks like an extra printf slipped into the http://downloads.openfabrics.org/downloads/ofi/libfabric-1.0.0rc3.tar.bz2 tarball somehow:

-----
$ simple/fi_info
fi_getinfo: provider usnic returned -0 (Success)
fi_getinfo: provider verbs returned -0 (Success)
fi_getinfo: provider sockets returned -0 (Success)
-----

The errant printf is in src/fabric.c at line 468.  This printf is not in git; I'm guessing it was part of some final testing before publishing the tarball.

I think we have a few options here:

1. Leave the tarball as-is
2. Immediately silently publish a new 1.0.0rc3 tarball
3. Immediately publish a 1.0.0rc4 tarball

I'm in favor of #3 (#2 is downright evil; it was mentioned only for completeness).