[ofiwg] Man pages question

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Aug 13 10:16:31 PDT 2015

> Is the operation like below?
>
> Application posts a cancel op, that is then enqueued. 0 indicates
> successful enqueue, non-zero is failure. When the cancel op is completed,
> an entry is placed in the error queue with  fi_cq_err_entry::err_code =
> FI_ECANCELED. In addition, fi_cq_read() should return -FI_EVAIL so that
> the app knows it has to poll the error queue.

I wouldn't use this wording, as it implies a specific implementation.  Fi_cancel does not generate a completion entry itself.  It attempts to change the state of some other operation, which may or may not be found, and may or may not allow the state change.  But if the request is canceled, the information you gave regarding the CQ is correct.