[ofiwg] Can fi_getname return different addrlen on different EPs?

Petrov, Valentin valentin.petrov at intel.com
Wed Jun 17 04:19:28 PDT 2015

Hi, All,
I've got a question regarding fi_getname spec. It is said that fi_getname may return -FI_ETOOSMALL if the provided address storage is not enough and the addrlen in/out parameter will be updated with correct size. The question is: is there implicit demand for all endpoints to return the same addrlen?
It seems that it has to be the case since the call fi_av_insert takes pointer to the storage of several addresses and a single addrlen argument. Should this be directly noted in the man pages?

ps
I know that this sounds weird that a lower level provider has variable address length but this happens (particularly, this is the case with Mellanox MXM library).

--
BR,
Valentin Petrov

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation